Friday, November 25, 2011

YOUR EYES ARE AN OCEAN OF LOVE

As I reached out for you
The time just flew past
We were not to meet yet
But neither to remain apart

No great expectations are there
Life has given to us enough
Yet the anguish is deep
The painful scars are rough

Your eyes are an ocean of love
I see it in your beckoning face
Come to me - I will hold you
In my yearning embrace

My dreams and my visions
Are hostage to my mind
My ears no longer hear
And eyes have gone blind

Yet, I know, you are there
To hold my trembling hand
In that quest I remain
Making foot-prints in sand

I am not giving up yet
I shall stay ever in hope
I may not hear much
In blindness I may grope

A little brightness was enough
I didn't ask for the sun
What made you refuse me
Oh God - why make me run.

No comments: